Various Content Of Breastmilk That Have No Match
Oleh: Morinaga Platinum
The first six months of the Little One is a period of a very rapid growth and development that can not be repeated. It is at this time that exclusive breastfeeding is highly recommended. The reason is none other than breast milk is the best source of nutrition for the Little One, especially for the new born. Even WHO recommends exclusive breastfeeding for the first six months of the Little One’s life.
What are the ingredients of breast milk that make it unmatched? Check out the following:
- Colostrum, is the milk released in the first 2-3 days after childbirth. On the first day, the production of colostrum is little (40-50 ml), but although it appears as a small amount, that amount is in accordance with the needs of the 1-day-old Little One. Colostrum is very good because it contains the following components in large quantities:
- White blood cells and antibodies, especially sIgA (antibodies on the mucosal surfaces).
- Fat soluble vitamins (A, E and K).
- Antibodies. Breast milk contains many types of antibodies from the body of the Mommy, which can then boost the immune system. The highest antibody content in breast milk is the type of IgA (Immunoglobulin A) which is one of the benefits to protect the health of the Little One’s digestive tract.
- Contains protective proteins. In addition to antibodies, breast milk also contains germ-prevention proteins in the form of lactoferrin and lysozyme. Both can prevent the growth of viruses, bacteria and fungi in the Little One’s digestive tract. The highest level of lactoferrin is in colostrum.
- Digestive enzymes. Breast milk contains digestive enzymes such as amylase and lipase that serves to digest fats. It makes breast milk easier to digest and keeps it from indigestion.
- A proportion of more digestible proteins. Two types of proteins in breast milk are whey proteins (as much as ± 60-80%) and casein (as much as ± 40%). This higher proportion of whey makes breast milk easier and faster to digest.
- Hormones. Breast milk contains a number of hormones and growth factors from the Mommy, this will help the body’s function and support the growth of the Little One.
Breast milk is also known to have the perfect combination of various nutrients contained in it (protein, fat, carbohydrates and vitamins). Coupled with the six enormous ingredients previously described, makes breast milk to be unmatched as the first food of Little One. So, if possible, make breast milk as the first and only choice for your Little One.